On December 11, 2018, a gunman killed 3 people and injured more than 10 others at a Christmas market in Strasbourg, France.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of December 11, the attack has been declared an act of terrorism, meaning Tin Leg policyholders may be covered for losses related to the attack.
There may be coverage for Tin Leg Standard or Luxury customers to cancel or interrupt their trip. In order to be eligible for covered, a Standard or Luxury policy must have been purchased prior to December 11. Tin Leg Economy policyholders do not have coverage for terrorist incidents.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Coverage for Terrorism:
In order for an event to be covered under the Tin Leg Standard or Luxury policies, it must occur on or after your policy’s effective date and must be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. government. It also must occur within 30 days of your departure date and meet the following requirements:
- The incident must be in connection to an organization that has the intent to overthrow or influence the government
- The incident must not be an act of war
- The incident must result in loss of life or major damage to property
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage, other benefits, including Trip Delay, Emergency Medical, and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Legs 24-hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
- Emergency Assistance Inside US: 844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
- Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
- Emergency Assistance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claims department at 844-240-1233 or email@example.com.
Start your claim online: https://www.tinleg.com/report-claim/
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.