Record heat in Australia has caused wildfires to break out across the country over the past few months, burning millions of acres, hundreds of homes, and killing multiple people.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of October 1, 2019, the wildfires are no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to the fires is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date.
Tin Leg policies purchased prior to October 1, 2019 provide coverage related to the fires, including Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Trip Delay benefits, however the coverage varies. Each claim will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Natural Disasters:
In order for a wildfire to be covered under Tin Leg policies, it must occur after an Economy, Luxury, or Adventure policy has been purchased, and must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Inclement weather resulting in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: any delay or cancellation of travel
- Tin Leg Adventure policy: any delay or cancellation of travel
- Accommodations at your destination are made uninhabitable or inaccessible
- Your or your traveling companion’s primary residence has been rendered uninhabitable
Travel Delay coverage for Natural Disasters:
In order for a wildfire to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for minimum length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Adventure policy: 5 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to the wildfires.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
- Emergency Assistance Inside US: 844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
- Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
- Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Start your claim online: https://tinleg.com/claims/online
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.