On July 24, 2018, the worst wildfires to hit Greece in more than 10 years are burning in the country’s Attica region around Athens, evacuating many residents from the region. As of July 24, at least 50 people have died in the wildfires, and more than 100 others have been injured.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of July 24, the wildfires are no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to the fires is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date.
Tin Leg policies purchased prior to July 24 may provide coverage related to the event, including Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Trip Delay benefits.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Natural Disasters:
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, the event must occur after a Standard or Luxury policy has been purchased and meet at least one of the following requirements. Tin Leg Economy policies do not have cancellation coverage for Natural Disasters.
- Inclement weather resulting in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: any delay or cancellation of travel
- Accommodations at your destination are made uninhabitable or inaccessible
- Your or your traveling companion’s primary residence has been rendered uninhabitable
Travel Delay coverage for Natural Disasters:
In order for a volcanic eruption to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for minimum length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 6 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to the eruption.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
- Emergency Assistance Inside US: 844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
- Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
- Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your claim online: https://tinleg.com/claims/online
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.